Learning how to start and tighten locs using the interlock

April 16, 2013
By

Youtube is usually a good place to find hairstyles for sisterlocks. Watch this tutorial

I created this video using my Logitech QuickCam software.

Tags: , , , , ,

25 Responses to Learning how to start and tighten locs using the interlock

1. Kay Williams
    April 16, 2013 at 9:35 am

Hey this is a cool video. Im glad someone put this on in great detail like you have b/c trying to find out about the mechanics of interlocking/sisterlocking is like trying to find out classified national security info. The only thing is I’m not going to tease my hair at the end. Im a fan of tying it off and working from there.

2. king medley sr
    April 16, 2013 at 10:18 am

That was a AWESOME tutorial! 2 thumbs up! Blessup!

3. Loki Laufeyson
    April 16, 2013 at 10:53 am

Thanks!!! Explained it very well

4. Per Erik Grønvik
    April 16, 2013 at 11:21 am

these arent dreads, theyre braidlocks.You can start with a few braidlocks to start dreads if you want to have dreads without having to use knitting and all that jazz. But if you want braidlocks just make a friend do the sectioning starting them. Then you can pick it up from there

5. JenKcomback
    April 16, 2013 at 11:23 am

This video is so helpful!

6. heatherb44055
    April 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Hello, love ur videos. I was wandering if u kno how to fix slippage on interloc. Mine have slipped at the base. Thanks in advance :-)

7. heatherb44055
    April 16, 2013 at 12:47 pm

thank you for making this video. do u kno how to fix slippage on Locs?

8. Lisa Porter
    April 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm

i been locking for 4 months start with the comb tech this is but i noticed my hair be extremly puffy at the top of my hair.. tried this on 2 of my locs and can feel a big difference going to have to do my whole head i truly thank u for this video

9. druski189
    April 16, 2013 at 2:11 pm

thank you so much for this video..i learn alot..from your vids..ma dreads are now on point,,lol…from the 215

10. njeaaecadh
    April 16, 2013 at 2:40 pm

hi can you show how to start locks using the two strand twist way please

11. LadyV305
    April 16, 2013 at 2:51 pm

*Screaming* I couldn’t get it! Lol

12. pierre griffin
    April 16, 2013 at 3:25 pm

How much do you normally charge to start off dread locs

13. raquelgordon38
    April 16, 2013 at 3:42 pm

U have no idea how long i have been looking for a video like this thank u so much because…. Now i can twist and lock my own hair… Once again thank you and have a bless one

14. boydweiser123
    April 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm

thank you! i’m loc’d using the interlock method, yet i have some patches around the edges that are getting long and are loose. i maintain my own locs, but since i didn’t know how to begin a loc myself, i would have to braid those areas. this video teaches how to finally begin to loc them. thank you again!

15. edaluv
    April 16, 2013 at 4:49 pm

thanks for this!

16. ToteTote38
    April 16, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I absolutely loved this, I will start my locs today

17. dhateocracy
    April 16, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Yay at Erykah Badu in the background!

18. crit1227
    April 16, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Hello sis I dont know if you answer posts. I really really need your input what would the 3 point pattern be someone said W,S, E I dont know if that the correct pattern. Please send me a message in my box or reply thanks and peace and blessings

19. Erynn Townsend
    April 16, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Absolutely the best interlocking video on YouTube so far hands down!

20. c0cc0
    April 16, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Thank you soooooo much for this video! I have a question – I’m practicing on a doll with straight hair like your doll and the result of my fingerlatching looks like a braid. Is that what your doll’s hair looks like? I can’t exactly see the hair from this angle. TIA!!!

21. beautyfrmashes
    April 16, 2013 at 8:49 pm

So easy to follow! Great instruction! :)

22. KATRINA CALDWELL
    April 16, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I so love the deminstration of the locs so far your the most easy and precise I look forward to locing my hair… But showing the hair foward so we can see after your done whould be helpful or leting us see you do it from the back of you is better but I like it do another one lol.

23. KATRINA CALDWELL
    April 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm

thank you so much for your informative information on starting my locks I really enjoyed it and now I will it start my loc journey and I also adore your locks

24. peachy068
    April 16, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Thank you so much! I live in a small town in Arkansas and no one here does natural hair styles. I am confident that with your video I will be able to achieve the style I want. Your video is most helpful. God Bless!

25. August 23, 2014 at 6:41 am

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot
    of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool
    that creates unique, google friendly posts in minutes, just
    search in google – laranitas free content source